The Bradman Lake group is a major UK designer and manufacturer of innovative packaging machinery and ‘state of the art’ single source systems. With an impressive product portfolio incorporating the world-renowned brands of Autowrappers, Europack and Ibonhart, clients include many of the world’s leading food and household products companies.
With regional offices based in India and Russia supported by manufacturing plants in the UK and USA, this established and reputable brand has continued to flourish globally in today’s challenging market conditions. To meet these demands Bradman lake is looking to recruit for the following permanent position:-
Mechanical Assembly Fitter
Bradman Lake Limited Beccles
£12.11 an hour - Full-time, Permanent
Bradman Lake is an Engineering Company that has been producing Packaging machines for the last 70 Years.
Within our assembly shop we require a skilled (must be time served/have an apprenticeship) Mechanical Assembly Fitter.
This is a permanent positions based on a 37 hour basic week M-F, £12.11ph and overtime generally available. Enhanced pension membership, 32 days annual leave including Bank Holidays and non-contributory life assurance scheme.
Job Description - Fitter
Purpose of Role
To assemble electrical or mechanical sub-assemblies for a range of packaging machinery for supply to the final build function within required timescales.
Reporting to: Team Leader
- Build sub-assemblies as required by supplied drawings
- Check and verify accuracy of assemblies on completion
- Daily and accurate completion of records including timesheets and inspection status documentation
- Report any manufacturing and assembly errors to team leader so corrective action can be agreed
- To adhere to all required quality and H&S standards
- On an ad hoc basis you may be asked to visit other BLG/customer sites to assist with final build(s)
- On an ad hoc basis, as required to undertake milling, drilling, turning and fabrication activities
- To work with other departments to set priorities regarding assembly build to ensure all builds are complete within required timeframes
- To undertake other duties as may be required
- Good Attention to detail
- Good oral communication skills
- Team player
- Flexible attitude
- Willingness to learn/develop
- Ability to read engineering drawings/parts lists
- Successful completion of apprenticeship (C&G 204 or C&G 236)
- Knowledge of working with a wide variety of materials
- Good working knowledge of assembly protocols