Location: Beccles, UK
Bradman Lake Group is a well-established engineering company that has built high speed and complex packaging equipment for 70 plus years with an annual turnover on £35 million per year.
Within our Engineering department, we are looking to add a Project Manager to the team.
This is a permanent positions based on a 37 hour basic week M-F.
Purpose of Role:
To work as part of a team to support all project management functions, assuring customer expectation is achieved/exceeded, throughout the project life cycle, up to and including Site Acceptance Test. (SAT). Also to provide standard costs and proven technical concepts for machine / system solutions and compile customer facing documentation within given timescales, to support BLG Sales.
Enhanced pension membership.
25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
Generous company sick pay scheme.
Non-contributory life assurance scheme.
Free car parking on site.
Modern working conditions.
Reporting to: Technical Applications Director
- Produce User Requirement Specifications and Functional Specs for machines/systems
- Manage handover of technical and commercial information to company operations
- Prepare and maintain project files: budgets, schedules, plans and management reports.
- Support the activities of application engineers and contract managers
- Compile and validate testing criteria to satisfy both factory and off-site acceptance
- Manage customer expectation whilst assuring the best interests of the company are upheld
- Produce cost effective machine / system solutions using standard practices
- Produce budget quotations and formal proposals within given timescales
- Produce accurate and consistent machine / system costings using standard templates
- Analyse business risk and implement appropriate actions to minimize the risk
- Specify and source third party equipment as necessary
- Visit customer and BLG sites (worldwide) to support sales, project or design functions
- Continuously review Extranet and download enquiries to respond to within the required timeframes
- Adhere to all required quality and health & safety policies in operation relating to job role
- Any other duty within your competency as may be required
Competencies / Skills:
- Excellent understanding of BLG machines and their process applications
- Good oral and written communication
- Good IT skills – CAD, word processing, spreadsheets, database.
- Good customer / supplier facing skills
- Good planning organization and time management
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Proactive with self-start initiative
- Highly motivated and committed to achieving company set goals.
Background / Experience:
- 2+ yrs. Proven ability to project manage machine / system solutions
- 3+ yrs. Mechanical design / control engineering experience
- 3+ yrs. Machine manufacturing and assembly experience
- Process line experience
- HND or equivalent qualification in relevant discipline
- Proven capability
Please send your CV to:
Ms. Helen Regan - Head of Personnel UK, Bradman Lake Ltd