Location: Beccles, UK
Bradman Lake Group is a well-established engineering company that has built high speed and complex packaging equipment for 70 plus years with an annual turnover on £35 million per year.
We require a skilled (must be time served/have an apprenticeship) Application Engineer for our assembly facility.
This is a permanent positions based on a 37 hour basic week M-F.
Purpose of Role:
To initiate technical concepts for individual machines and/or machines systems solutions, and to calculate and record the associated costs. To compile customer facing documentation including quotations, proposals, machine and site layout drawings, and to work within given timescales.
Enhanced pension membership.
25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
Generous company sick pay scheme.
Non-contributory life assurance scheme.
Free car parking on site.
Modern working conditions.
Reporting to: Technical Applications Director.
- Produce cost effective machine / system solutions using standard practices wherever possible
- Compile accurate and consistent machine / systems costs using standard templates
- Specify and source third party equipment as necessary
- Analyse ‘business risk’ and implement appropriate actions to mitigate the risk
- Produce budget quotations and formal proposals within given timescales
- Maintain Applications files and reports
- Manage customer expectations whilst assuring the best interests of the company are upheld
- Manage handover of technical and commercial information to company Operations
- Support the activities of Project Managers as required
- Visit customer and other BL Ltd. Sites (worldwide) to support sales, project or design functions
- Adhere to all required quality and health & safety policies in operation relating to job role
- To perform any other duty within your competency as may be required
Competencies / Skills:
- Good understanding of BL Ltd. Machines and their process applications
- Creative and innovative machine / system provider
- Technically competent
- Good oral and written communication
- Good IT skills – CAD, word processing, spreadsheets & databases.
- Good commercial awareness
- Personal planning and organisation
- Customer focused
- 2+ yrs. Proven ability to provide machine / system solutions
- 3+ yrs. Mechanical design/ control engineering experience
- 3+ yrs. Machine manufacture and assembly experience
- Process line experience
- HND or equivalent qualification in relevant discipline
- Proven ability in risk management, labour and material costing
Please send your CV to:
Ms. Helen Regan - Head of Personnel UK, Bradman Lake Ltd