Installation & Commissioning Engineer
Will demonstrate the ability to supervise installation teams and install Bradman Lake Inc equipment on location at customer/plant site. Provides hands-on training to customer employees and instructional expertise to install and/or upgrade Bradman Lake customer’s equipment to maximize up time and production. Build and foster customer relationships through positive experiences, professional communication and interaction with customers, employees, and vendors. Supervise installation teams at multiple locations. Provides tools and skills for classroom and hands on training of equipment at the customer site (overhead projector, charts, prints, schematics, etc.).
- Demonstrate the ability to perform under pressure without reprisal.
- Ability to travel on short notice and occasionally work off shift hours per customer request.
- Ability to travel and work on weekends and Holidays as needed.
- Upload programs and troubleshoot problems related to electrical servo drives (Allen Bradley, Bosch Rexroth). Programming experience is a plus.
- Troubleshoot various AC and DC controls with proficiency.
- Efficient use of hand tools and electrical test equipment is essential.
- Communication with Production and Engineering Teams to address customer concerns and mechanical and electrical issues with installation.
- Builds / Maintains customer relationships.
- Identify opportunities to improve and expand the installation process to customers.
- Timely reporting of expense reports and issues relating to installation.
- Demonstrate the ability to gain knowledge of carton/box forming end loaders, box forming top loader, flow wrapping machines and case packaging equipment.
- Informs and takes proactive steps to advise organization on product development issues identified through installation and service of equipment.
- Recommends improvements to production methods, equipment performance and quality of products, including suggestions to increase efficiency.
- Will demonstrate the ability to analyze and troubleshoot equipment issues during installation of new equipment and on existing equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President or Project Manager.
Education and Experience Specifications:
- 2-year Technical degree combined with a minimum of 5–10 years field service experience.
- 5 years related experience in manufacturing environment, focused on system design and implementation.
- Emphasis on flow wrap and roll wrapping systems.
- Must have high level of mechanical aptitude.
- Proven track record of working well in a fast pace environment. Must be an independent decision maker.
- Experience with CRM software (Customer Relationship Management Software).
- Above Average mechanical knowledge.
- Efficient organizational skills.
- Sense of urgency as relates to deadlines and installation priorities.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Willingness to travel when required (up to 70%).
- Valid Drivers License with clean driving record.
- Vehicle with tag, registration, and inspection.
- Use of personal vehicle as means of transportation to perform daily duties.
- Ability to use public transportation, airplanes etc.
- Background check required, credit and criminal.
- Ability to secure a US passport.
- Be on-call and respond to emergencies as needed.
- In-house training in production area as assigned.
Essential equipment routinely used in this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit for extended periods of time using adjustable chair and body-neutral positions.
- Routinely lift miscellaneous items less than 5 lbs.
- Safely and occasionally lift items, machine components, etc. that are >5 lbs. but <30 lbs.
- Extensive keyboard entry performed using body-neutral positions.
- Extended use of telephone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Adhere to all company policies and procedures.