Mechanical Assembly Fitter
Location: Beccles, Suffolk, UK.
Rate: £12.11 an hour - Full-time, Permanent
Bradman Lake is an Engineering Company that has been producing Packaging machines for the last 70 Years.
Within our assembly shop we require a skilled (must be time served/have an apprenticeship) Mechanical Assembly Fitter.
This is a permanent positions based on a 37 hour basic week M-F, £12.11ph and overtime generally available. Enhanced pension membership, 32 days annual leave including Bank Holidays and non-contributory life assurance scheme.
Job Description - Fitter
Purpose of Role
To assemble electrical or mechanical sub-assemblies for a range of packaging machinery for supply to the final build function within required timescales.
Reporting to: Team Leader
- Build sub-assemblies as required by supplied drawings
- Check and verify accuracy of assemblies on completion
- Daily and accurate completion of records including timesheets and inspection status documentation
- Report any manufacturing and assembly errors to team leader so corrective action can be agreed
- To adhere to all required quality and H&S standards
- On an ad hoc basis you may be asked to visit other BLG/customer sites to assist with final build(s)
- On an ad hoc basis, as required to undertake milling, drilling, turning and fabrication activities
- To work with other departments to set priorities regarding assembly build to ensure all builds are complete within required timeframes
- To undertake other duties as may be required
- Good Attention to detail
- Good oral communication skills
- Team player
- Flexible attitude
- Willingness to learn/develop
- Ability to read engineering drawings/parts lists
- Successful completion of apprenticeship (C&G 204 or C&G 236)
- Knowledge of working with a wide variety of materials
- Good working knowledge of assembly protocols
Please send your CV to:
Ms. Helen Regan - Personnel Manager, Bradman Lake Ltd