We would welcome applications for the following positions. No Agencies please.
Senior Software Engineer – Bradman Lake Beccles, UK
Purpose of Role:
To develop, install and commission high level servo motions control software, HMI software and all necessary interfaces that suits the high speed packaging machinery industry including robotics. Primarily this will be using Allen Bradley control systems but experience with other systems will be considered an advantage. This work will need to be undertaken at sites in the UK and customer sites worldwide. The work has to be done on time and within budget. You will be required to work as part of a team in some instance and as an individual.
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
- Produce, install and commission servo motion code to suit machine specifications.
- Work together with other engineering departments to get the equipment signed off by the customer.
- Develop pragmatic and cost-effective strategies in response to client requirements.
- Report problems and deficiencies in the design and brief.
- Ensure projects to time and budget.
- Maintain competitiveness by ensuring software code is produced within the durations indicated.
- Ensure technical co-ordination with all other internal and external disciplines.
- Maintain files and records throughout the duration of the contract.
- Suggest solutions to problems based on an understanding of relevant technologies.
- Visit customers on a world-wide basis, as required, resolve problems and test machines/systems.
- Ensure statutory and company procedures and practices are maintained.
- Ensure all activities support the business direction of faster and smaller machines.
- Work with and support other departments to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Promote a safe working environment ensuring compliance with all current legislation.
- Other duties as may be required.
- Highly motivated.
- Customer focused.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Good knowledge of labour and material costs.
- Attention to detail.
- Highly computer literate.
- Driving license.
- Must be prepared to travel worldwide and spend prolonged periods on customer sites.
- 5+ years’ in an engineering-related position.
- 5+ years’ in manufacturing/assembly environment.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques.
- Working knowledge of Bradley Control Logix and or/Siemens, ‘C’ Visual Basic, PLC programming, Servo drives/controls.
- Experience of coding and testing machines.
- Educated to BSc level, or equivalent or proven capability in a relevant discipline.
- Knowledge and experience of CDM regulations.
- Knowledge and experience of CE technical files and UK/EU standards.
- Candidates should be willing to cope with new product innovations with a willingness to gain/retrain for additional/preferred qualifications.
Please apply by email to email@example.com