Bradman Lake to launch next-generation technology at Interpack 2017
Visitors to Bradman Lake at Interpack (Hall 5 /GO4) will see in operation for the first time the very latest integrated packaging technology in a complete state-of-the-art packaging line, comprising Vision-Guided Robotics, Multipack Flow Wrapping, End Load Cartoning and Case Packing.
The innovative packaging line comprises a VGR2000 Vision Guided Robotic pick-and-place line, which will load products into the infeed of a FT120 Multipack Flow Wrapper using two robots. After the required collation has been created and flow wrapped, the products enter the IMSL End Load Cartoner – Bradman Lake’s latest machine. The compact-footprint IMSL incorporates a Rockwell Automation iTRAK unit to create a fully integrated product infeed system that uses minimal product transfers. To further enhance the IMSL’s footprint the products are side loaded into the cartons via a Linear Motion Loader. Once the carton is sealed it is transferred to the new ZX600 Case Packer, which is small footprint, top-loading machine, including a highly efficient glue-delivery solution tied into the controlling PLC.
Typical Bradman Lake Pick and Place Line
VGR2000 Vision-Guided Robot:
Product can be picked in single piece or a collation and loaded into either the infeed of the flow wrapping machine, a cartoning line or a case packer.
- The smart cameras and delta robots directly interface with the Rockwell Automation programmable controller using pre-loaded customised add-on instructions. No black boxes!
- The VGR2000 can be supplied without the overhead robots – with its ergonomic design suiting manual pick and place – and can be easily retrofitted should the need arise.
FT120 Multipack Wrapper:
- Operates at the highest level of efficiency and seal integrity even for difficult heat-seal applications.
- Reduced number of operators. Can be integrated with complete range of product-specific handling systems for semi and full automation.
- High standard of machine specification, which can include twin film reel holders, automatic film reel-to-reel splice, splice detection and rejection, print registration, automatic film web alignment, film printing, empty and deformed pack identification and rejection, four pairs of longitudinal seal crimp rollers provide hot- or cold-seal options and a robust end-crimp sealing module.
IMSL End Load Cartoner:
Incorporates iTRAK technology, which has been utilised for flexible product collating, while reducing the number of transfers by means of guided pockets to ensure minimal product handling and repeatable carton loading.
- A new servo-driven linear inserter tracks the guided pockets and transfers each product into the carton, negating the need for a traditional ‘barrel loader’. This delivers excellent access for the end user, the option of constant or indexing motion on the same machine and greater flexibility in handling a wide range of products and collations with minimal rapid size changes.
- With a small footprint, new frame style and full-height doors for ease of access, the machine has fully integrated electrical panels and Nordson Liberty hot melt system, with direct interface to the Rockwell Automation programmable controller using pre-loaded customized add-on instructions. No black boxes!
- The machine is designed with an easy loading low-level carton hopper.
ZX600 Case Packer:
- Very small footprint robotic top load case packer.
- The machine uses Fanuc M10 (6 axis) robot that not only collates the products but also preconditions the cases for repeatable carton loading.
- Robot and glue systems directly interface with the Rockwell Automation programmable controller using pre-loaded customized add-on instructions. No black boxes!
- Aggregation and serialisation enabled.
Bradman Lake’s System Solutions:
Bradman Lake provides true, single-source turnkey systems, with project management from initial concept to site acceptance and beyond. The benefits to customers include: commonality of engineering standards and parts; a single point of contact for procurement; project manager and aftermarket; FAT for full system occurs in single location and systems are fully integrated and tested prior to delivery resulting in expedited start up.
Intuitive HMIs and a common control platform – utilising the latest CIP motion technology – offer customers an easier method of extracting information from a single source, as well as seamless exchange of data upstream and downstream. A single network infrastructure offers unprecedented levels of visibility, flexibility and scalability to respond to market opportunities and operational threats.
All machines are designed to meet the challenges of today’s packaging industry by improving efficiency and flexibility in order to increase profitability. Single servo motor sizes, common wiring patterns and identical HMI look-and-feel all contribute to ease of use and operation.
- All machines deploy the latest Allen-Bradley hardware and software from Rockwell Automation.
- All machines are designed with minimum frame sizes and easy-access guard design.
- Flexible ‘Future Proof’ Principle. Handles a wide range of products, formats and sizes to easily meet the demands of the fast-changing markets at any time in the future.
- Systems are simple to operate and maintain.
- Robust and well-built to the latest safety and hygiene standards required in the bakery, confectionery, dry, chilled and frozen food and healthcare industries.
- Upgradable machine construction to handle wash-down applications.
- Prompt, reliable technical support, service technicians and spare parts delivery.
- Bradman Lake is an established brand with a strong reputation for machine reliability and value for money worldwide.
- A wide range of optional features are available to enable the equipment to be readily adapted to meet the customer’s specific requirements.
Visitors to the stand can find out more about the advanced features of these machines as well as the group’s other integrated packaging technologies, which can be supplied turnkey or individually.
About Bradman Lake
Established in 1948, the Bradman Lake Group Ltd is a leader in integrated packaging technology. From distribution and feeding systems, flow wrapping, cartoning, loading and closing to case packing, shrink wrapping and roll wrapping, Bradman Lake’s solution based approach is gained from thousands of installations around the world. Bradman Lake is located in the UK and USA with regional offices in Russia and India, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of the multi-disciplined UK engineering group, Langley Holdings plc.
To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bradman Lake Ltd.
Common Lane North, Beccles | Suffolk | NR34 9BP | United Kingdom
T: +44 (0)1502 470 500 F: +44 (0)1502 470 599