Bradman Lake to demonstrate latest Packaging Technology at IBA 2018
Visit us at IBA in Munich during September 15-20 and stop by stand number B1-180 to experience Bradman Lake's latest packing technologies.
We will be demonstrating the bread slicer and bagger, an end load cartoner linked to a robotic case packer and a vision-guided robot feeding to a flow wrapper showcasing the company’s ability to offer all sectors of the bakery industry Process to Pallet solutions.
Since acquiring Ibonhart UK Ltd, a leading manufacturer of automatic bread slicing and bread packaging equipment to the bakery industry, Bradman Lake will be launching the BS420A variable slice thickness band slicer fully integrated into the latest version of its IB-Pro Bread bagging machine.
The BS420 Bread Slicer and IB Pro Bagger:
Extremely efficient, space-saving and incorporates hardwearing components, it is an all in one slicing bagging machine that can reduce waste and time.
It is the world's most advanced bagging system available today with the following features:-
- Reduced energy consumption and minimised Waste.
- Air consumption saving 30% using Ibonharts advanced air jet system ensures all air jets are targeted and have an optimum inflation pattern.
- Air tank reservoir maintains pressure for bag inflation consistency.
- Ease of access for operation, maintenance and hygiene.
- Ergonomic controls to allow one operator to control two machines.
- Fully integrated high speed slicer with option for adjustable slice thickness linked to central bagger touch screen for ease of slice thickness adjustment.
- Bread pushed onto dynamic inline system by fully adjustable synchroniser which gives a smooth product transition, for different product sizes including free baked bread.
- Dynamic inline system reduces product speed by 30% and is accelerated just before going into the bag, allowing greater product control.
- Overtake overhead, single position clutch system giving smooth product transition.
- Dual action openers accurately open the bag from the centre and are suitable for PE, PP and Paper bags.
- Three tray bag changing system, changes bags automatically in less than ten seconds, optional four tray available. Digital counters on all adjusters can be set for different products.
- AWC sensors are ultrasonic and not effected by crumb or dust and are not sensitive to different bag colours.
- Connection for sealers, check weigher and metal detector built in as standard.
- Alarm system identifies source of problem using intelligent light system and HMI message.
- Remote assistance via VPN connection through Ibonhart’s firewall friendly communication system which allows remote fault diagnosis and new programme updates.
- Variable speed options for different product requirements all programmable via the HMI.
- Alarm log stored in machines memory.
- Machine manual built into HMI.
- Safety system all panels and guards access via interlocked doors and dual channel safety system.
- All fasteners internal giving clean lines and increased safety.
SL903 End Load Cartoner:
- The SL903 is a natural evolution of years of experience supplying machines to handle all types of product and carton design. It is designed to operate over a large size range of cartons and products with easy, fast and repeatable size changing.
- It can handle lower-grade carton materials and is offered with a variety of product infeed and collating systems for total automation with upstream equipment.
- Optional features are available to enable the machine to be readily adapted to meet specific applications.
- Machine guarding has been designed to provide both maximum visibility of operation and excellent machine access.
ZX600 Case Packer:
- Very small footprint robotic top load case packer.
- The machine uses Fanuc M10 (6 axis) robot that not only collates the products but also preconditions the cases for repeatable carton loading.
- Robot and glue systems directly interface with the Rockwell Automation programmable controller using pre-loaded customized add-on instructions. All from one central point of operation.
- Aggregation and serialisation enabled.
VGR2000 Vision-Guided Robot:
- The product can be picked in a single piece or a collation and loaded into either the infeed of the flow wrapping machine, a cartoning line or a case packer.
- The smart cameras and delta robots directly interface with the Rockwell Automation programmable controller using pre-loaded customised add-on instructions. No black boxes!
- The VGR2000 can be supplied without the overhead robots – with its ergonomic design suiting manual pick and place – and can be easily retrofitted should the need arise.
FT120 Flow Wrapper:
- Operates at the highest level of efficiency and seal integrity even for difficult heat-seal applications.
- Reduced number of operators. Can be integrated with a complete range of product-specific handling systems for semi and full automation.
- High standard of machine specification, which can include twin film reel holders, automatic film reel-to-reel splice, splice detection and rejection, print registration, automatic film web alignment, film printing, empty and deformed pack identification and rejection, four pairs of longitudinal seal crimp rollers provide hot or cold seal options and a robust end-crimp sealing module.
Bradman Lake’s System Solutions:
Bradman Lake provides true, single-source turnkey systems, with project management from initial concept to site acceptance and beyond. The benefits to customers include: commonality of engineering standards and parts; a single point of contact for procurement; project manager and aftermarket; FAT for full system occurs in single location and systems are fully integrated and tested prior to delivery resulting in an expedited startup.
Intuitive HMIs and a common control platform – utilising the latest CIP motion technology – offer customers an easier method of extracting information from a single source, as well as a seamless exchange of data upstream and downstream. A single network infrastructure offers unprecedented levels of visibility, flexibility and scalability to respond to market opportunities and operational threats.
All machines are designed to meet the challenges of today’s packaging industry by improving efficiency and flexibility in order to increase profitability. Single-servo motor sizes, common wiring patterns and identical HMI look-and-feel all contribute to ease of use and operation.
- All machines designed to a common control platform, with Pack ML used to deliver standard software throughout the product portfolio.
- All machines are designed with minimum frame sizes and easy-access guard design.
- Flexible ‘Future Proof’ Principle. Handles a wide range of products, formats and sizes to easily meet the demands of the fast-changing markets at any time in the future.
- Systems are simple to operate and maintain.
- Robust and well-built to the latest safety and hygiene standards required in the bakery industry.
- Upgradable machine construction to handle wash-down applications.
- Prompt, reliable technical support, service technicians and spare parts delivery.
- Bradman Lake is an established brand with a strong reputation for machine reliability and value for money worldwide.
- A wide range of optional features is available to enable the equipment to be readily adapted to meet the customer’s specific requirements.
About Bradman Lake
Established in 1948, the Bradman Lake Group is a leader in integrated packaging technology. From distribution and feeding systems, flow wrapping, roll wrapping, slicing, bagging, robotics, cartoning, to case packing, shrink wrapping and palletising, Bradman Lake’s solution based approach is gained from thousands of installations around the world. Bradman Lake’s manufacturing plants are located in the UK and USA with regional sales offices in Russia, India and China. Bradman Lake is a wholly owned subsidiary of the multi-disciplined UK engineering group, Langley Holdings plc.